Happy new year from Tokyo!
On this episode of the show :
- An awkward flight to Tokyo
- A change of scenery from Narita airport to western Tokyo – taking the bus.
- In Japan, New Year’s celebrations dwarf the travel season surrounding Christmas in Canada. It is mayhem.
- Celebrating the new year Japanese-style, visiting a shrine and hearing the Emperor’s greeting. Check out my video on Facebook!
- A new SIM card to try out from Freetel
Also : I promised I’d mention the pizza place I found in Shibuya, but forgot to by the end of the podcast. Spontini is the place… and, while it’s expensive, it’s delicious!